Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Installing memory on ACER Aspire AST180, what style and how?

I a short time ago learned finishing night that the memory Circuit City sold me does NOT work on my ACER Aspire AST180 desktop. Apparently I requirement PC2-4200 240 PIN DDR2 DIMM

Can anyone tell me how smooth it is to install the memory myself? I have done this formerly on other desktops and ACER says that I only just have to remove the two side screws. There ARE no screw on the side that I see! Once I slide the new memory stick into the slot (there are four of them, dual preferred) will the increased memory thieve effect and show up immediately if installed correctly? Any suggestion on how to install it correctly and if anyone knows the CHEAPEST place online or otherwise to buy memory for my computer (4 slots, 4 GIGS max) that would be most advantageous also! Thanks! Michael in TX

Installing memory on ACER Aspire AST180, what style and how?

Well Michael, be in motion to www.tigerdirect.com they have the cheapest memory available to the consumer. Place modern memory in slot one, once you hold the correct memory that is. As soon as you turn the computer on it will be in motion through the post and the memory will show up immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment