Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is it possible for me to upgrade to an Nvidia 7950 if I own a 300w power supply when the recommended is 350w?

how can i recount if i have a PCI express power supply? I hold a HP Pavalion A6050Y and if anyone can tell me if i can upgrade to a Nvidia 7950 would be great.

Is it possible for me to upgrade to an Nvidia 7950 if I own a 300w power supply when the recommended is 350w?

Your motherboard have a PCI Xpress X16 slot, so the card will work. The PCI express power supply would have the proper power plug for your video card, but the card would more than credible come with an adapter, so no worries in that.



The 300 Watt supply may or may not power the card due to the lack of available current. The system might not even boot, but if it does next you may see poor performance.This would most possible turn up while running video games. Youll probably see artifacts on the screen or other similar anomolies. If this is the travel case, you will need to upgrade the power supply. It is recommended that you do that anyway.
no


No comments:

Post a Comment